It was a rainy/snowy night, but everyone turned out for the second basketry session. Turning the bottom up to the sides was a challenge for all of us new to making baskets, but with our instructor’s help everyone made great progress on the sides of the basket. I finished most of the sides (This is an 11″ tall basket); we were sent home with the basket and some extra spline to finish the sides at home and “pack down” the weaving after it dried. I have one or two rows to do and then I will finish with a tapered piece that goes 1/2 way around the basket. Next time (we had to add a third session) we will finish the top and add the handles. This is going to be a very useful basket! I can’t wait to post the finished basket in a few weeks.
I’m also working on some knitting for a new grandchild! I completed a white baby bonnet and am working on EZ’s Baby Surprise Jacket, made with wool I spun at Averill and dyed with lichens from the Averill woods. A very special knitting project!