It took three sessions for all of us (working furiously the whole time), but last Wednesday we all almost finished our baskets. We went home with lashing for the top rim to finish, and I just did that this morning. This was a great workshop; the instructor really knew basket construction and was able to go from person to person checking us to be sure we were following the directions. Everyone’s basket looked great. I ended the workshop with a much better understanding of basket construction, sore fingers, and a yen to do more of this.
Maybe this spring I will collect some vines (as I am clearing the beds for spring) and try a different kind of basket on my own.